Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Munich

 We had 2 all tours out of Munich so we had 3 days to explore. Of course Dan spent one of them at the BMW place as I mentioned before

We did a partial walking tour of the city then opted to go to the Nazi Museum. It was a mentally draining experience.  One how early the movement and philosophy changed and how rapidly it grew.  Munich was the birthplace not Berlin. The discussion of how personal freedoms were stripped and lives changed was disheartening.  When we started this trip neither Dan nor I had any desire to see any of the camps or Nazi related sites. This museum reaffirmed these thoughts. We went to it because it took us through the history; much we had not known. It is a free museum and the German people tend to keep these events in the open so everyone will remember what exactly did happen. Okay enough of that

Our last day in Munich we had to go to the parks.  We hadn’t been to any in the city.  We opted for the English Garden and the Botanical garden.  The English garden is the largest city garden in Europe it is similar to Central Park in NYC but instead of Tavern on the Green they have a beer garden   It seems Munich is known for their beer gardens and Octoberfest.   The biggest beer garden in the city will seat 10000 people and is standing room only. The other thing the park is known for is surfing okay we use the term lightly. One surfer at a time attempting to catch this 1 foot swell in the river. (I will post photo).  The garden is also known for nude sunbathing. Well Dan and I found the surfers and the beer garden and all the walking in the park never found a nude sunbather.  Monday must not be a great day for getting a tan. 

The last part of the afternoon was spent at the botanical garden. Clearly it was not enough time since we still had to take the train to Nuremberg. I think the photos I will post tell a better story

No comments:

Post a Comment