Friday, May 13, 2022

Prague Arrival

 So as we are on the train to Prague and are reading Czech signs as we have crossed the border I am starting to wonder what was I thinking?   Not sure why we are heading to Prague. We will only be there 1 full day and maybe part of a day depending on train schedules.  I have no plans for Prague and really don’t know what to expect. The tour books I got from the library I wasn’t able to get anything definitive from so we are going in blind. 

The Czech speaker in Slavic language or German which we have already determined neither of us can understand. The train stops at several small towns and there is not one word I can understand.  Oh well guess we can hang out in the room if need be. 

Well as we get closer to Prague there are actually a few words I am able to read and understand so that is a good thing. We negotiate our way out of the train station and there is no Taxi in sight.  Mr. google says an 11 min walk so off we go. We are walking on cobblestone sidewalks and streets. From what we can see lots of old buildings and narrow streets.  This is like walking back in time and into a European village 

We arrived at the hotel and it is an art nouveau decor. Friendly staff and even a lounge although Dan is exhausted not sure how we can be tired after sitting on the train for 4 hours or so.  We eat some of the snacks in my backpack and call it a night   Looking back this really wasn’t the best of decisions  


No comments:

Post a Comment