Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Cruise arrival

 We checked out Stockholm one more time. More window shopping and wanted to see the Nobel Museum unfortunately it was closed.  So we were in Stockholm for 3 days and it was never available. Not sure if I would make a special trip back

We felt Sweden was expensive especially with food. A bottle of house wine was $59 in US funds a class was $12.50. There is little or no tipping (we usually do) so maybe a little less.   There is no liquor sales on Sunday and the island we are staying on has a grocery store but you are unable to buy wine only beer.  

Stockholm as I mentioned is spread out over several little islands so lots of water and bridges. 

So arrival on the ship.  I was impressed with our reception 2 people met the cab we came in and took our bags. Checked passports and credit cards but didn’t ask for the Covid tests that I was stressing over. Also I thought we were to be tested on arrival that didn’t happen. I guess the rules have changed but no one told the passengers that the system was changed.  We got there about 1:00pm, checked in and out room was ready.   The bags got delivered about 1:45 and we were off to do laundry. Planned on doing this the first day.  We were first in the laundry room and I had 3 machines and 3 loads to do. This bodes well except always an exception.   Dan was in charge of starting the machine and somehow didn’t get it started.  Just a small delay in finishing the chore.   Turns out laundry is a popular thing to do on the first day.  There were no less than 6 people trying to do laundry.   Glad I was first.

I must say I do enjoy the cruise with Viking.   The weather has been nice enough to sit on the balcony we have a great city view  a few snacks in the mini bar and 24 hour room service   The best part is I was able to unpack and we will stay put for 2 weeks  


1 comment:

  1. Unpacking and going for a 2 week ride, vs. renting a car and driving in a different direction every day from Montalto. I have come to the point where I think I'd rather ride. Different experience, but we're all of an age where codling trumps adventuring out. Glad that we had the other experience. I'm going to take that river cruise in France someday.
    v

    ReplyDelete