Sunday, May 1, 2022

Laundry

 We are in an apartment hotel which gives us a kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath in addition a laundry room. So today was laundry day.  I tried last night but the machines were full there are 4 washers and 2 dryers so I started today at 6:30 am.  Now compared with my past laundry issues you would think I would have figured it out.  Good news is I got the washer set up and going with little problem, even the right temperatures and spin. They are high efficiency ones so it took 1 hour and 30 min. But they were right on time.  Now I had to put 2 loads into 1 dryer.  These are electrical dryers. It is now 10:30 am as I am typing and things still aren’t dry. So much for an early start sightseeing.   We are planning on going to Antwerp today. Maybe get there by noon.  Oh well another lesson just send the laundry out!!  All done and you pick it up at the end of the day. I can claim success with the machine operation which is a great accomplishment!

Of course the laundry never did fully dry. The machine ended its dry cycle. Could be I really didn’t understand the directions.  But clean warm damp underwear is better than dry and dirty 😃😃

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing laundry in a foreign country is always an adventure.

      Delete
  2. LOL! Remember strewing wet laundry on the balcony in Venice?

    ReplyDelete