Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Trains

 Today was a train day. 4 1/2 hours.  I had hoped to catch up the blog. Unfortunately even though they said we had wifi. It was a fib.  Not that I could have blogged 

The train from Berlin was packed.  When we bought our rail pass Dan said we need 1st class tickets because there is always more room for bags.  No so on this train.  Every seat in the first class car was just about filled.  Our bags you remember how we are the minimalist packers (haha) couldn’t have been lifted overhead if we tried. 

So Dan managed to put the back packs in the overhead and one of the suitcases on top of another traveler’s giant suitcase. Still don’t know how he is continually lifting the bags. I am really no help so he has to do 2 of them.  Back to the comfy train ride.  My suitcase is in the space for my feet in front of me and I am sitting at an angle.   The trains first stop is at 5:10 and we got on the train at 3:15.  As uncomfortable as this was the stop was Dresden and only about 10 or 12 people were left on the car after the stop. The up side was now plenty ok room for the bags and we still had 2 1/2 hours to go. 

I think the wifi issue was related to the age of the train. This was an older train.  I have looked ahead and our next leg there is a high speed train into Vienna 

The scenery after Dresden was beautiful. Rolling hills the river Elbe alongside the tracks. We traveled through some sort of canyon because of the steep rock walls. When we hit the countryside it was all sorts of shades of green and lots of trees.  I am thinking when we do the riverboat on the Rhine it will look similar.  You can see how they come up with postcard photos of the German countryside. 

Got into Prague at about 8PM   Had to walk to the hotel because we couldn’t find a cab. It took us a little while longer than the 11 minutes google anticipated but on the up side we didn’t get lost😃😃 or even make 1 wrong turn. I will try and finish up Berlin in the morning 

No comments:

Post a Comment