Thursday, June 30, 2022

Oslo

We are off to explore Oslo. We only did the bare minimum when we were here a few days ago. Today we are off to the Fram museum and Kon Tiki museum.  It was an amazing 2 museums and we spent until after 4pm. Our hotel is an easy walk to the ferry terminal. 

When we got back to the hotel the lobby had a tour group checking in. Seems it was the Rick Steves Scandinavia tour.  

On our last day we decided to explore and find the botanical garden. It was a great garden but a little disappointing because there was only 1 small greenhouse to explore.  It was a great walking garden and there were lots of kids and families. Lots of big trees and benches. It was a great last day. 

That morning we had a little excitement   When planning our trip to the airport I suddenly discovered the hotel I booked was not at the airport but actually several kilometers away and you need to take a shuttle to get to the airport. I figured out the right hotel and attempted to book a room for tonight.  Our flight is at 7:10 and we need to be at the airport at 4:30.  Unfortunately my credit card kept giving me an error message so I would try and rebook. Basically did it 3 times. When finally checked my email I had 3 reservations at the new hotel and was unable to cancel the other hotel. We opted to just go to the hotel early and have them straightened everything out. Yes all is well.  We did do a scouting mission so we could streamline checkin.  Everything is almost a go for tomorrow if we can get the bags packed and under 50 pounds.  Seems British Airways has not assigned seats for our heathrow to San Diego. I am trusting we won’t be sitting on the wing

1 comment: