Today we explored more of Lucerne before we leave for Geneva. I want to mention that when we were packing my suitcase seems to be lighter. We did mail a 15 pound box back. I included some of my long sleeve shirts but not much else some of my tour books. I did figure out I have eliminated one pair of jeans that ripped and an umbrella (I had 2). Maybe that is why. We don’t fly for another 10 days so we have some time to figure it out
On today’s travel plan I wanted to spend 6 hours and do a cruise on lake Lucerne and go up into the mountains. Since we had some things in the city to see we opted for just a 1 hour cruise on the lake and the weather held even though it was to be thunderstorms we had sun and blue skies
We also took a bus so we could see The famous Lion Monument and the Glacier Garden as well as the painting diorama in 360 round. The Lion sculpture was ok very lifelike at tribute to the Swiss Guards who died in 1792 in the Franco Prussia war and was carved over 100 years ago
The Glacier Garden is a small park with the artifacts uncovered when a citizen was building a house that documents how Lucerne looked millions of years ago and the changes that occurred over time It was an amazing garden and display and there were a couple of exhibits that were very realistic showing the change and for the kids they had a house of mirrors which was amazing. Does it surprise you Dan loved this stop.
We then headed for the train it is a 3 hour trip to Geneva. Hopefully if we come back. We can have a little better weather so we can get into the mountains. I think we are seeing rain every day in Switzerland since was are missing May gray/June gloom at home.
Seems like you must be about halfway along the journey now. I'm finally caught up. (Reba injured in fall on Monday before Mem Day. Stitched to forehead and below left eye. Seems to be okay now. Stiches came out today.) No visitors for another week and I am finally able to catch up your blog.
ReplyDeletev